Introduction and reason for being @ Bikenomads

Hello everyone myself Tushar Dang. I am a delhiet

Here’s the journey that transformed me from an average kid into biker

Like any other kid I always wanted to ride motorcycle... to posses one..Impress girls... reach anywhere in few seconds... look cool.

I really had to wait a lot for this dream to come true. In school I lost my first bike by 3%. Dad promised me to get me one if I score 70% in 10th's cbse. Poor me! I could only manage 67%. In return I was given a cycle :(

I finally bought my first bike on 22 June 2005. This was the first of the sibling in Delhi. I am the proud owner of first avenger in Delhi.

My bike surly turned heads with its appeal. But as the sales progressed my monopoly with avenger started ending. This was the time when I came to know about orkut. I registered there and by first week I got a scrap from this guy who we all now know as Sumeet Popli about an all avenger meet up in Delhi the meet was scheduled on 8th of Oct, 2006. I was very happy to be a part of all avenger clubs.

http://sumeetp.blogspot.com/2007/02/delhi-avengers_01.html

I never know that all my dreams will shatter even before starting.

Sumeet being elder and more aggressive to fulfill his dreams kept on moving ahead and ended up at bcmt. He even invited us (the Delhi avenger club later knows as avenger rangers) to one of bcmt's meet. It was a learning experience. I meat Yogesh there who was like an ocean full of knowledge for an amateur biker. Next to the meeting point of bcmt and avenger rangers was hero Honda’s karisma club meet and that of royal beast's meet. This was the first time in my life when I saw meet up of so many bikers. Karisma riders were into stunting. Though I never did any type of stunts, watching them doing stoppe and wheelie got me all charged up and I tried my hand on stunts. I was warrend that bcmt do not promote stunts and was informed if this act was repeated, I could even be banned.

Like another stupid chap I over looked the warning and continued doing what I should have not done. On very next meet @ bcmt I was banned for stunting. The date was December 2006

I felt help less and in sheer anger and ego gave up clubbing with biker buddies. Since then I lost interest in fun biking. It was January of 2007 that another blow came, in January 2007 I discovered my girlfriend double crossed me.

After being thrown out of bcmt and this emotional fraud, my whole life changed. After taking two months to get back to my normal self, I shifted my focus on work and I started a new business in gurgaon. I use to travel 150+ kms daily. This was the time i once again discovered my love and passion for cursing.

Last year my cousin went for royal Enfield’s Himalayan odessy'07.

I went to see him off at Nehru stadium. After he was back we had a small get together a he show's me the pics and videos of the trip. He told me all his experiences and about the fun he had on the trip. It was July 07 and since then i am determined to go leh

As This love for cursing grew my hunger for rides kept on increasing. And soon i became one of the most active members of Avenger Rangers hence i was granted moderator's privilege.

http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=21351875

@ Rangers every member is like a brother and i share a close bond with all the members out there.

I have been on three trips outside Delhi. I will write more on this in my trip log @ BN

tHe reason for joining Bn

I strongly feel that its time to come out of shell and meet more ppl with whom ishare similar interest. Who are more experienced and who will help me get groomed.

Avenger rangers is a small level group, despite all my efforts we are just 50 members in past 2 years an most of the members are inactive in real meet up.

I have plans for leh in June this yr.

No one @ ranger have shown willingness to join till date and

Hence i am here at BN

I am determined to do this trip.

And i am here to find my fellow riders.

tHe itinerary...

 

1 Response to Introduction and reason for being @ Bikenomads

  1. himalayanadventurer Says:
    Hi: Have been a Avenger owner for the past year and a half. I have plans to ride to Leh via the Manali route and return via Srinagar/Jammu totalling about 20-25 days, no hurry as I want to enjoy the trip and not push the machine too hard, sometime next summer, dates are flexible. Any takers, preferably Avenger riders? We can try for some sponsorship too if possible. I can be contacted on himalayanadventurer@gmail.com. Cheers, Sandeep